Available Third Party Integrations
Table of Contents
At Pugpig, we believe in integration with best-in-class third parties to provide functionality that these vendors focus on. We have integrated with many many vendors across our app portfolio. We classify our integrations as follows:
- Productised SDK Integrations - these are SDKs that are used in many of our apps, implemented in a standard way, and are considered part of our product with regards to bugs, upgrades and so on
- Custom SDK Integrations - these are SDKs that we integrate for a handle of clients, often in a custom way. These are upgraded by our Professional Services department.
- Authentication Integrations - these are third party authentication providers which do not require an SDK as the work is done server side
- Content Integrations - these are third parties that provide content
Productised SDK Integrations
These are third party integrations which we cover the on-going maintenance and care of the integration at our cost as part of the Pugpig products. We will support a recent version of the third party SDK, it will usually take us a while to update to the latest.
Note that while we maintain the technical support of these integrations, you'll still be the owner of your account and will manage your own relationship with the provider
You simply give us your API keys and we can turn the services on as part of a starter pack.
For third party integrations not on this list we can provide an estimate for the integration - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Future updates to the SDK would be billable (unlike with supported SDKs). If a critical mass of our customers request the same SDK we may choose to begin supporting it as a product integration, in which case we will take on responsibility for updates.
Supported in Pugpig Bolt:
- Firebase (Push notifications, in-app messaging, Google Analytics and crash reporting)
- Airship (Push notifications and in-app messaging)
- OneSignal (Push notifications and in-app messaging)
- Mixpanel (Analytics)
- Chartbeat (Analytics)
- Comscore (Analytics)
- Ipsos/Dotmetrics (Analytics)
- AppsFlyer (Acquisition and analytics)
- Facebook (Acquisition and analytics)
- Zendesk Support (Customer support)
- Google Mobile Ads (Ad-serving)
Custom SDK Integrations
We have previously integrated with the following analytics and push notification platforms:
- Braze (formerly AppBoy)
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Campaign Standard
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target)
- Google DFP (Doubleclick) ads
- Quantcast (analytics)
- Alchemer (formerly Apptentive)
- Branch (formerly Mobile App Tracking by Tune)
- MixPanel (Push and Analytics)
- New Relic (Analytics)
- Gravity Forms
- Nielsen Analytics
- Matomo Analytics
These are integrations we've worked with previously and typically involve custom code, cost and work to integrate. We don't regularly update to new SDK versions for these ones and if a SDK update is required the client should request and cover the cost to do so. Typically the cost will be low, however some integrations can become complex and more costly. We can usually integrate with any third party but it helps if we know it already.
Supported SDK formats on iOS
We only support the formats Apple support for integrating third-party code. They are Swift Packages (SPM) and XCFrameworks. We support hundreds of apps with integrations with over 30 third party SDKs, all of which provide one of these mechanisms.
Why don't you support .framework files?
Bare frameworks don’t work with simulators on Apple Silicon Macs, which is why Apple created the XCFramework.
Why don't you support CocoaPods?
We prefer officially-supported-by-Apple distribution mechanisms. Cocoapods, which Apple has never supported, doesn’t appear to be healthy and we believe SPM is the way forward.
We recommend you watch either or both of these sessions from back in 2019:
Supported SDK formats on Android
We prefer to integrate libraries as external dependencies. Ideally the dependencies would be on one of the standard Android repositories, but we can add other 3rd party repos as needed. We can also integrate any standard Android library formats (AAR, JAR) provided as a stand-alone file.
We can accommodate any sensible changes to the app manifest or gradle files.
We have previously integrated with the following authentication services:
- Air Business
- Palmcoast Data
- Engine Shed
- Zephr (Previously Blaize)
- Keap (Previously Infusionsoft)
Most of these are also already supported in our hosted Pugpig Distribution Service.
If you wish to integrate with any of these, or any other well known subscription system, or an internal subscription service of your own get in touch with us (email@example.com). Integrations can usually be covered by purchasing our Pugpig Authentication Setup Pack.
If you have an app that used the old Adobe DPS auth API, can be implemented as part of a starter pack.
We can pull content from many different third parties. In particular, we have tight integrations with the following
- Puzzler - provide puzzles directly into your app or site
- Viafoura - comments
- Hyvor - comments
- Specle - provide adverts
See our doc on comments in Bolt for more info on these
These are integrations we've worked with previously and typically involve some work to integrate. You will have a relationship with the provider directly.