How to set up GTM on a web property
Google Tag Manager (henceforth GTM) is a piece of google cloud software that enables you to rapidly and easily deploy pieces of code to a site. This is ideal for adding in code that augments that of the page itself, such as analytics, advertising and marketing tags.
This document serves to explain how to create a GTM container, what that is, and how to configure that container on your Bolt or Publish web property or smart banner.
CREATING YOUR CONTAINER
1. Go to tagmanager.google.com and log in as whoever the owner of the container should be
2. Click Create Account, an account is the overarching owner of any number of containers, you'll most likely want to name this after the Customer (e.g Condé Nast). You'll need to set up an initial container as part of this, use the name of the Publication and platform (E.g Vogue Bolt Web)
3. Select Web from the options. Even if you plan on using GTM on an app property later, that will need to be a separate container. Click Create and accept the Ts & Cs
4. Ignore the "Install Google Tag Manager" pop-up that follows, you're now looking at the GTM dashboard.
5. In another tab, open your desired publication in distribution. Navigate to the Smart Banner add-on, creating it if there isn't one already.
6. Click "Advanced" > "Edit Addon"