Automating PDF upload via SFTP
While PDF editions can be uploaded manually into the Express CMS, this process can automated using SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol). We are able to receive whole-edition PDFs which when then automatically split into individual pages, or a folder of individual pages. You can also upload whole-edition PDFs for users to download.
To set up SFTP for your uploads, we will need to know from you:
- Whether PDFs will be sent as one whole, or each page individually.
- Who will need access to the SFTP, and their SSH Public key. Should you require multiple people or servers to do uploading to us, we can add multiple public keys for each username.
- The Express CMS site code (usually made up of your publication name and publisher name).
We recommend that, for consistency, the uploads are scripted and run automatically during your editorial/publication process. However, you can upload using an SFTP client, such as Cyberduck.
To upload, you will need to know from us:
- the username(s) - you may be given multiple usernames for different sites or types of upload
- the SFTP server name - this is very likely to be sftp.pugpig.com
And, in addition, you will need the private key partner to the public key that you sent to us.