Our best guess on how to get smart banners back after dismissing them on iOS
iOS will remember that you dismissed the smart banner so it will never show up again.
Below is a very rough estimate on how to get the smart banner back after dismissing it. It is successful only sometimes.
- Delete app if you have it installed on your iOS device
- Clear website cookies of your website in device settings.
- Open Settings > General.
- Tap iPhone Storage, then tap Safari (from the list of apps), then tap Website Data.
- Tap Remove All Website Data at the bottom of the screen, or delete an individual site’s data by swiping left and tapping Delete.
- Re-install app again (to maybe prompt the iOS device to show the smart banner).
- Open Safari again on an article on your website – you should hopefully see the smart banner.