Configuring the search block
Learn how to customize and configure the search block to best suite your website's needs.
You can configure search to appear as many times as you like across your Pugpig website. Using our search block plugin you'll be able to configure search to display and behave in a way that suits your site most.
Below is a little detail about each of the block settings.
Block name: Search Template
- Set the amount of results you want to be shown on each page
- Set the number of columns you want to show your results in
- Block Heading: Set the heading text that appears above the search bar input
- Input Placeholder: Set the placeholder text in the search bar input
- Auto complete: Displays suggested search terms underneath the search bar input
- Open Filters: Sets the filter term titles in the accordion menu to be open by default
- Initial Query: Shows results on first load (the latest X articles) by default
- Sort by: Set the default option (date or relevance) that your users results will return by
Fuzzy Factor: Sets how specific the spelling needs to be on the term you are searching. A low number will return results with a higher similarity but will not be so forgiving of typos.
- You can also perform fuzzy searches with the simple query parser. To perform a fuzzy search, append the ~ operator and a value that indicates how much terms can differ from the user query string and still be considered a match. For example, the specifying planit~1 searches for the term planit and allows matches to differ by up to one character, which means the results will include hits for planet.
- Bucket Limit: Sets the maximum value the results will return for any given query
- Bucket minimum count: Hides any filter term that does not exceed the number specified.
- Post types: Set which post types you would like to display in results (must also be configured in Cloudsearch plugin settings)
- Taxonomies: Includes which taxonomies you would like to filter results by (must also be configured in Cloudsearch plugin settings)
- Tags: Includes which taxonomies you would like to show on result cards
- Field Weight Overrides: Enter field ID. Controls the importance of the match of selected fields to boost relevance and minimise the impact of less important fields and content.
- Slider: Adjust the slider for weighting. 1 is default. The higher the number the more important the field is.
- Style: Choose between numeric, and simple next/previous buttons