What's new in Bolt 3.17?
Bolt iOS 3.17.4 - 2023-09-18
Bolt Android 3.17.4 - 2023-09-25
Making it easier for users to log in
We now use the device's default cookie store for auth, which enables social sign-in and federation to leverage existing user sessions and potentially save them the trouble of entering or remembering a password. This matches the existing behaviour on Android.
Because of the privacy considerations of accessing the user's existing cookies, iOS shows a system dialog warning the user, such as “Gmail wants to use Google.com to sign in”. (iOS only)
Making it easier to report issues from the app
When debugging issues in Bolt apps one of the first things we ask for is a user's app logs. These can be quite tricky to obtain, so we've made it easier. You can now add a settings item to your app which will open a pre-populated, configurable, email with app logs and store receipts attached. If you're using our Zendesk support integration, app logs and receipts will now be automatically attached whenever a new Zendesk request is submitted.
Additionally we have added the ability to share app logs with the iOS voiceover function. This is already possible on Bolt Android with Talkback.
Analytics parameter improvements
We have renamed the ‘param’ dimension that is currently being sent with over 60 of our events, previously used for anything that didn’t fit one of our custom dimensions. This will allow all providers that support unbounded name:value dimensions to get the extra dimensions and make data appear much cleaner and easier to query. Firebase (GA4) will still continue to set KGLabel with the parameter value, in addition to the new named parameters.
- App logs now include whether or not you are in admin mode
- Native bottom sticky banner now supports multiple sizes
- Previously only 320x50, now 320x50 or 300x50
- External links to alias domains will open externally if not linking to content
- Added support for a search modal deeplink, /c/search
- Optimised edition behaviour so that when editions are opened, unless actually updating the content, they no longer appear to redownload
- Removed toast messages
- Updated OneTrust SDK to latest version
- 202307.1.0 for iOS
- 202307.1.0.0 for Android
- Removed support for Matomo
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
- Dropped iOS 14 support
- Added an image count to galleries on Android to match iOS
- Re-introduced the toolbar back button on Android when users are on a hidden tab, rather than only relying on