Bolt settings options
The Bolt settings tab can house a multitude of options, both for you to present information to your users and for your users to customise their in-app experience. It has account options, traditional settings options and even debugging options, making it an almost essential part of the app.
As settings is a tab, the most common place it's located is usually in the tab bar at the bottom of the app. It can fill any of the 5 available slots but it's usually found on the far right (or far left for right to left apps).
As well as in the tab bar, you have the ability to have settings as a toolbar icon at the top right of the app.
Layout and appearance
Your settings page can be split into as many sections as you'd like, which can be particularly useful for highlighting the difference between account-related options and user customisation options. You can give these sections titles, or not, that's up to you.
As for styling you have a few options to change:
- The background colour
- The separating line between each settings item
- Section header font and font colour (Note - the capitalisation is unchangeable as we use the OS settings options)
- Settings item font, font colour and background colour
- Toolbar background colour, font and font colour
Here is what it can include:
- Custom banners (this is an optional image, text and CTA button that can be displayed at the top of the settings area and controlled server side)
- Link to HTML settings pages hosted by us
- Saved articles
- Default options for sign in/subscribe/restore if you have subs
- Test resize
- App share